Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.
These are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a clean and well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
The conversations we have here set the tone for every new arrival. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
Let’s leave our community better than we found it.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.
- AHP is currently recruiting mature players over the age of 18. Please visit the recruitment category for the form for new recruits.
- Verbal abuse of AHP members, recruits, and guests is not allowed. We expect all visitors to AHP to act in a respectful manner to everyone.
- Derogatory or slanderous language and comments about race, gender, sexual preference, religion, or creed will not be tolerated.
- Strong language, which includes the use of profanity, will not be permitted towards any other player. One’s language should not become so disruptive as to cause annoyance or hardship to the majority of the players on the game server.
- Excessive profanity is not allowed. The occasional curse word is ok, but if its use becomes excessive then a player will be asked to tone it down.
- AHP has a no tolerance policy regarding hacking in the AHP server. AHP will not tolerate cheating/ hacking amongst members and non-members alike.
- Disabling certain CVARS on the map that requires them (or relies upon) is also considered cheating. Example would be to turn off FOG on a map that relies on FOG.
- Map exploits are not tolerated.
- Here at the After Hours Pub we take pride in wearing the AHP tag. We believe we have an awesome community that one can feel honored to be a part of. It is for this purpose that we request that only official AHP members wear the AHP tag.
- We also ask that our members use the in game nickname that you are known as while wearing the AHP tag. Only the proper tag is appropriate: (-AHP-) “Your Name”
- We support our members wearing the AHP tag while playing all their favorite games online. We ask that our members remember that while wearing the tag they represent AHP, so please act in accordance with our guidelines.
- At AHP we strive to create a fair and friendly environment for people of different ages, backgrounds, and beliefs. It is for this purpose that we have implemented some general policies regarding the usage of sprays.
- We do not allow any nude or porn sprays (material) to be in our server. Please refrain from spraying porn sprays.
- We do not allow sprays of Terrorists and/or Counter Terrorists on our server. This trick is cheap and considered unfair.
- We do not allow sprays of any drugs on our server. This is not a place for this, so please refrain from spraying any decals with any drugs at all (I.E. marijuana, cocaine, drug paraphernalia, etc.)
- We do not allow sprays that purposefully have a gross factor. This includes graphic images of violence, body fluids, graphic images of insects & animals, etc.
- Sprays that incorporate any type of body part insertion are prohibited.
- Intentional team killing is not allowed.
- Intentional damage to a player on your same team is not allowed.
- Throwing flashes or nades in spawn just as the round is beginning is not allowed.
- We will not tolerate names that are intentionally meant to offend. Players that have names that include racist overtones, explicit sexual references, curse words, and other blatant offensive themes will be asked to change it. Examples of kickable names: Jew killer, Hitler, OsmaBenLadan Fuc*thearmy, wifekiller, Saddam Babyraper, gangraper, etc.
- We encourage all other gaming clan and community members to enjoy playing on AHP servers, however we must ask that there be no outside recruiting from other clans on AHP servers. Please recruit members outside of our servers, and by means other than the in-game MIC or the in-game chat.
- It is the intention of AHP to create an enjoyable gaming experience for all players. We enable All Talk to encourage a Pub like atmosphere. While we appreciate friendly banter, it is expected that we keep our conversation respectful. - We should all be mindful that it is easy to ruin an otherwise enjoyable gaming experience with excessive noise. Please be mindful of others. Please limit talking when asked to do so.
The membership of AHP desires that everyone who plays on our servers to be treated with respect, fairness, and clarity. It is for this purpose that we have established rules. While it is our wish that everyone adheres to our rules, we know that it is impossible that this will happen. So it is with this in mind that we lay out some guidelines as to how to deal with those who choose to not adhere to the rules listed here.
- Our first response is to always give a warning
- If the warning is ignored then we will kick a player from the server
- If a player returns to the server and continues with the same behavior then we will ban that player.
We reserve the right to skip the first and second options based on the offense and the history of the person in question.
Our members, recruits, and guests should know that our administrators have a responsibility to all players equally to promote an enjoyable playing experience. One way this is done is by enforcing our server rules. It is for this reason that all administrators are to be treated with respect. If, at any time, a player feels that an Admin is being abusive then please send a PM or e-mail to an admin.
- AHP is supported in two main ways.
- One is through player donations.
- The other is by selling our admin slots. All AHP Members have the opportunity to purchase admin for $15 per month.
- If you abuse the admin privileges they can and will be revoked on the spot with no refund. We want mature admins with the desire to strengthen AHP as a community. New admins must defer to older admins and follow the wishes of clan members before switching maps or banning players. If you plan on buying admin just to goof around and take away from the game experience don’t even bother it will be yanked and your money not refunded.
- To purchase admin click on the donation button on the right side of the front page. Please include your game name in the Paypal payment. Please message an admin. In the message you should include your in game name, amount donated, steam ID, and what level of admin you would like. After your steam id is added to our admin list you simply bind a key to admin by doing the following in console, type: bind key admin
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.